Your profile picture is the first thing students will see when they search for teachers, so it's important to take a picture that represents you well.
- You don't have to have your photo taken by a professional, but try to take one of reasonable quality, not overexposed or way too dark.
- It's okay to put your pet in your photo, but please don't include other people.
- Make sure your face is clearly visible.
- No black and white photos, only color please.
- Make sure your photo was taken recently. It's okay if it's a couple of years old, as long as it still resembles the way you look today.
- We shouldn't have to include this rule, but please wear clothing.
- It's not required, but a smile can often make you look more approachable, which can help attract students.
Below is an example profile picture of our teacher Robinson from Venezuela.
Examples of profile pictures that do NOT follow our rules:
face not clearly visible
black and white
cute but not recent